Monday, September 12, 2011

Farmhouse Sink Installation
With countertop & cabinets already in place...

Cabinet doors removed, top of cabinet removed, sink & faucet removed...

Countertop cut & sanding cuts smooth with belt sander & palm sander...

Cutting out into cabinet frame for front of sink placement...

 Used car jack to lift & slide into place as this cast iron sink weighs about 150 pounds... 

 It's in! Jack still supporting weight, with 3/4" shelf board placed between jack & sink to construct support shelf...
 Constructed shelf / supports with 3/4" shelf board and 2x4s - This has to be done for cast iron sinks to support their weight.  Note:  Cut hole in 3/4" shelf board for drain placement...

Drain in...

Faucet in...


Voila (Wa La)!!!!!
All finished, the skirt may be temporary until we order the two cabinet doors...
My style but majority would probably prefer doors...

5 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT!!! I have always wanted one.
    Are you doing to use doors on the bottom or a curtain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I had dreamt of a farmhouse sink, but probably wouldn't have happened had I not found it on Craigslist for $20, then was contacted by seller who informed me she had priced it wrong(I just knew she was going to say she left off a zero meaning she wanted $200, but she said I have to atleast get $50) I said OK, sounds good to me!!! WOW! :) For now I'm using fabric skirt(pics added), but probably will order 2 doors to match existing cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. 50 dollars!!! I would of grabbed that, too. Maybe I should be checking out Craig's List, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI PakaFD
    I commented back to you on my blog, but thought I would reply here so that you woule get it easier.
    From the looks of the Pistachio, it does look too light, maybe even a silvery touch.
    I think Martha Green is most likely more of a true jadeite color if it is like the canitsers in my picture. Those canistes match the McKee's jadeite (skokie green)From the pictures, it seems to match that. Anyway, I believe her's to have more of a yellow undertone. The Seacrest Green has more of a blue undertone. That is the way the lady I talked to at KitchenAid explained it and the way I see it, too.
    I don't know which green came out first. But I really wish they would bring the Martha Green back. I would like to have a truer jadeite color, although I can live with the Seacrest green. I still enjoy looking at it!
    Is your's a Seacrest Green or a Martha Green? It's hard for me to tell in your pictures. You have a beautiful collection of jadeite. The green looks wonderful in your kitchen! I use to have mostly all green with a touch of red, but have been adding so much red the past couple of years! Now I have slipped in yellow.

    ReplyDelete